Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Paleontological Blog

 
 
Welcome to The Wandering Apatosaurus.


This is a new blog, and I hope you will enjoy it. I'm an early career vertebrate paleontologist, meaning that I have recently completed my graduate education, but have not yet achieved a tenured position at a university or museum. This blog will focus on my journey and discoveries as I try to establish myself in the field of paleontology.
 
I'm currently working as a research assistant in the medical school of Oklahoma State University. I feel very fortunate to have a position in my field at a time when the job market for paleontologists is very competitive and small. And even though I enjoy my job, I am still working hard to move up into a faculty position, where I can establish my own research lab and beginning taking on my own graduate students.

Stay tuned for postings about adventures in lab work, volunteers, field work, conferences, publishing, and of course - job hunting in Academia. Let's hope my life lives up to the hype. Until then... I leave you with the Wandering Apatosaurus and sunset at Point Reyes National Seashore.


 
 
- JB McHugh

No comments:

Post a Comment